Shuttle Driver (Part-Time)
All applicants email email@example.com with:
- Attached Resume and/or Application for Employment *
- Your Availability
- Short Introduction – Tell us About Yourself
- Contact Information
*If you can not apply online, paper applications can be picked up and turned at our office in Frederick MD.
|Reports To||President, Operations Manager, and Office Manager|
|Full-Time or Part-Time||Part-Time|
|Approval Date||March 13, 2019|
The Driver is responsible for driving company vehicles to safely transport customers from one location to another. The Driver must ensure the vehicle is travel ready, collect customer fare and tickets, and collect and store luggage. The driver must know and follow safety regulations and state laws while operating the vehicle.
- Safely drive vehicle to planned destination. Ensure safe arrival of passengers. Vehicles can include: sedan, automobiles, minivans, 14 passenger vans.
- Plan and amend routes to avoid traffic delays and ensure time schedules are met.
- Complete pre-trip inspection referencing the Driver Vehicle Inspection Report. Add vehicle fluids as required.
- Complete and submit the Driver Vehicle Inspection Report at the end of each trip.
- Ability to read maps, understand and follow directions from Dispatcher, and navigate around road delays.
- Establish rapport with customers and maintain communication throughout the trip.
- Ability to manage cash and ticket collection utilizing basic bookeeping skills.
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle at end of each trip. Responsible for keeping vehicle fueled.
- Ability to be flexible with a varying work schedule.
- Ability to move and lift luggage into vehicle or trailer.
- Performs special assignments, projects, and other duties that align to the mission of the company.
- Assist with and/or attach a trailer to the shuttle vehicle.
- Ability to add a row of seats to the 14 passenger vehicle, as needed.
- Customer focus/service orientation
- Verbal communication proficiency
- Maintain composure under stress
- Time management
- Decision making
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous professional driving experience (2-3 years preferred).
- Ability to drive up to an 8 hour shift.
- Ability to obtain and keep in good standing the Public Service Commission for Hire Driver License.
- Ability to pass yearly DOT medical exam.
- Ability to pass DOT random drug and alcohol screening.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
- Ability to maintain a clean driving record; no points within past 2 years and no recent prior driving offenses.
- Ability to read maps and follow directions.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service and maintain composure under different settings.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds.
This job operates in a transportation environment. The noise level is moderately loud while in the field. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Routine use of automotive equipment in the performance of the job, requiring stooping, bending, crouching, standing, reaching, lifting, pulling, and pushing.
- Use of arms, legs, hands, eyes, hearing for driving and general maintenance tasks.
- Ability to talk and communicate with customers.
- Ability to read road signs, maps, and judge distance.
- Works both indoors and outdoors, in varying temperatures.
- Continuous use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills.
- Ability to uphold the stress of traveling; drive a vehicle and sit for extended periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Occasional use of basic math and analytical skills.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds regularly.
Daily travel within the state of Maryland.
This job description is not a contract — management reserves the right to change its contents at any time. BayRunner Shuttle complies with the guidelines set forth in the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and as amended and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or family responsibility, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. BayRunner Shuttle is an Equal Opportunity Employer.